For a long time, lamps have been an electrical experience - the light being evidence of electrical current passed through a filament. But now modern lighting has become unrecognizable, no longer the subject of electricity, but of electronics. Printed circuit boards, micro-chips, diodes and interfaces are now the staple ingredients, giving us greater control, conserving energy and providing longer lifespans. This transformation is a chance to establish new possibilities for the meeting point between light and electronics.
This is not a story about gadgetry (regardless technical achievements), but rather an affirmation about how we live – that wherever light is supplied, power is often also required to charge our burgeoning electronic devices. w152 Busby is an electronic lamp that provides intelligent universal power from three USB outlets, detecting charging requirements and managing them at their fastest rate, however many variable devices are plugged in. It provides up to 3 Amps of power - enough to charge the latest generation of laptop computers. It can be supplied either as a freestanding or wall-mountable lamp, or built-in to a surface. The w152 illuminates and powers the office, the workshop, the library, the living room and the bedside table.
Each design type comes in two mounting types: surface mount (stand wall mount), or integrated (integrated into the surface).
- Three dedicated 3A USB sockets for fast-charging at the same time
- Device detection supplies correct USB power output to device
- Intelligent power management ensure devices charged at fastest rate
- Programmable lamp switch - hold down to program brightness level
- Fixed-freestanding or Freestanding (w152 b1 / w152 b2)
- Built-in for desks, cabinets and tables (w152 i1 / w152 i2)
- Wall-Mountable (w152 b1 / w152 b2)
- Energy efficient LED illumination
- Rotatable ambient lamp (w152 b1 / w152 i1)
- Directable and rotatable lamp (w152 b2 / w152 i2)
- 3x USB type A female charging sockets
- Max 9A in total (3A per USB socket) charging current
- 100-240V AC 50/60Hz / Standby power uses less than 0.1W
- 5V DC ± 5% output voltage
- Self-regulating over current and short circuit protection
- Operating temperature range 0˚C to 35˚C
- iPhone 6/6 Plus charged at twice fastest rate (2.1A)
- iPhone 5 / Samsung Galaxy charged at fastest rate (1A)