Steamer Pot and Basket Set
The method of steaming food was invented during the Han Dynasty thousands of years ago. Legend has it that General Han Xin made cooking utensils from bamboo and wood to cook food with steam. Through history, steaming has evolved to be one of the most iconic and essential cooking techniques in the Chinese culinary lexicon.
The steamer basket replaces the traditional bamboo base with terracotta. This natural material has efficient liquid absorbing characteristics, meaning it can absorb any excess moisture generated during steaming, ensuring that the food is perfectly moist and not soggy.
The steamer pot and lid are made from fireproof ceramic, which has excellent heat resistance compared to regular stoneware, making it less likely to crack at higher temperatures. The JIA Inc. steamer pot can be used on open flame gas stoves and in both conventional and microwave ovens.
- Design Country: China
- Material: Fireproof Ceramic, Cedar Wood, Terracotta
- Dimensions: 11"dia x 9.5"H
- Soak pot in clean water for 24 hours before first use
- Hand wash with mild detergent and soft sponge
- Air-dry with bottom facing upward
- Suitable for direct fire cooking, oven and microwave
- Basket is not dishwasher safe
- If the basket becomes tainted with food odor, soak for 10 minutes in warm water with some baking soda, then rinse and air dry
- Avoid soaking the basket for longer than 15 minutes
Ships in 24-48 hours
More of a phone person? Call us: 877-404-6763