Purple Clay Coffee Pot w/ Bamboo Handle
YiXing purple clay is an unique natural clay in China. When fired, the purple clay assumes a fine and sandy texture that retains the temperature of the tea held inside longer than ordinary ceramics. Teapots made out of this clay are highly prized because their unglazed surface absorbs traces of the beverage, creating a more complex flavor.
JIA Inc. partnered with Gearlab from Taiwan to create a one-of-a-kind coffee pot that makes use of Purple clay’s unique material qualities. The unglazed sandy texture of natural purple clay is reminiscent of the warmth of the earth. After extended use, the purple clay coffee pot takes on the fragrance of your preferred coffee blend and the warmth of your hands. Your memories will fill this coffee pot and cup, making them your own.
- Place medium ground coffee in the pot then add hot water. Put on the lid, but do not press the plunger. Brew the coffee for a few minutes then slowly press the plunger all the way and the coffee is ready to serve.
- The Purple clay press will absorb the aroma of the coffee itself as well.
- The Purple clay press can be used for brewing tea as well. The steps are the same as for coffee.
- Hand wash with sponge and water recommended. Use of detergent is not suggested.
- The filter may need to be disassembled for washing as coffee grounds may get stuck.
- Wipe the surface with a piece of cloth and air dry after cleaning. Make sure the utensil is completely dry before store in a cool dry place.
- Design Country: China
- Material: Purple Clay, Bamboo
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 5.4" x 5.3"
Ships in 24-48 hours
More of a phone person? Call us: 877-404-6763